Passenger reclining seat problem

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

GRNTHNDR

Passenger reclining seat problem

Post by GRNTHNDR »

Hi all. My 66’ has a stuck upright, recliner. I’ve had the car since Jan.2019, has never worked for me. All I can tell you is I can’t even budge the lever. Can’t find any info to guide me in the right direction to remedy. If anybody has any knowledge and experience to offer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
RAVEN

Re: Passenger reclining seat problem

Post by RAVEN »

Good day
When it comes to the recliner seat, and operation, have you checked to see if the cable from the handle is intact and the eyelet end loop is mounted to the pin/stud on the handle?
Secondly, have you removed the seat back pan, to get access to the actuator cylinder.
You may have a broken cylinder, a disconnected cable, or the end of the flex cable mounts to the cylinder pulled apart.
You will need to gain access to these parts, and verify their operation. I have found, the for mentioned items to cause the most trouble with the recliner seat operation.
Try those points first.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
GRNTHNDR

Post by GRNTHNDR »

Ok, thank you. I won’t be getting to it right away. The car is in storage right now. It’s just another issue that’s been bugging me. I haven’t tried anything to diagnose it in the past, so, your information sounds like a good start. Thank you very much.
Terry64HT

Post by Terry64HT »

Have a look at this thread:
Front passenger seat just snapped back/broke (just copy and paste into the "Search" box at the upper right)
in this forum. I didn't go through the whole thing but there seems to be a fair bit of information there. Consider a search with a few different keyworks.
Hope this helps
Terry
64HT