#3 Exhaust Lifter

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Rt.146

Re: #3 Exhaust Lifter

Post by Rt.146 »

I had a real nice experience,flushing my motor with kerosene taking the oil pan and oil pump from the motor removing the anti sway bar, jacking the motor up,and putting in the 2x4" blocks where the motor meets the body to hold it up, to get the oil pan off, an a new one installed, bottom line the failed lifter and Cam did no overall damage to the motor, the oil filter which was a Bosch, filters down to 20 micron, below 20, particles become invisible even though if they bunch up then a problem could result, the screen on the oil pump stopped the bigger pieces, hopefully when the new cam and lifters are installed, it will run well. Sometime in the future more towards Spring that work will be done, too cold in an unheated garage (8 degrees) to try and have more fun with the 390.
stubbie

Re: #3 Exhaust Lifter

Post by stubbie »

I'd take a look at the FE power forum and find advice about new engine break in. There are engine builders on there that give good advice.