In tank fuel pump solution

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

sleeper bird

Re: In tank fuel pump solution

Post by sleeper bird »

stubbie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:07 am You could try a threaded rod a grommet and a bolt/washer top and bottom. Use o ring connector both ends, tighten bolts inner and outer if you follow my drift.
or
https://www.efihardware.com/products/31 ... s-hex-head
this is the direction i think im going to try
dgalietti

Post by dgalietti »

Those would definitely work.. and take better advantage of the limited space on the flange.
dgalietti

Post by dgalietti »

I wish I had tested it.. I still need to weld the trunk floor back together so I have somewhere to actually mount the fuel tank.. and have some kind of temporary exhaust so I can mount an o2 sensor.

I will try to remember to take a few pics.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

thanks,im sure others would like pics and ideas as well being that efi parts for our cars are just not out there.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

id like to add to this thread,the fuel pump that was listed above does work and is extremely quiet compared to the inline set up.got mine running today i will take pics of how i did the wiring through the sending unit,so far with over half a tank of fuel its holding without leaks.
dgalietti

Post by dgalietti »

awesome! sorry for the lack of pictures. I took pics and then it would let me use my phone to upload. I also have not been on here very much lately.