1971 Emergency Flasher location

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
merccougbird

1971 Emergency Flasher location

Post by merccougbird »

I wonder if someone could point me in the right 'direction' for the location of the emergency flasher ( it should be a green D1FZ-13350-A / SF 552 B ). The turn signals sequence just fine, but the emergency flasher is an anemic 'blinkety-blinkety affair - not a solid repeating on and off. And no audible click from the relay, wherever it is, as well ( the turn signal relay is audible, and you can feel it click if you put your fingers on the relay itself ).

I have checked the Ford Service Manuals and the MPC ( illustrations section ) to find an approximate location for the flasher, and from what I can determine it SHOULD be to the RHS of the glove box, near the fuse panel. No such luck. I located the turn signal 'can' ( D0WY - green unit ) to the Left of the glove box, secured into the holder, no problem. I even removed the glove box to make it easier to gain access to the area. But the emergency flasher is a mystery ! The car has only 24, 000 miles on it - so everything underneath the dash is pristine and in 'survivor' state - no dust, dirt or alterations since assembly !

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated,
stove

Re: 1971 Emergency Flasher location

Post by stove »

h
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 7.39.30 AM.png
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack