New Member - '63 T-Bird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

CodyT

New Member - '63 T-Bird

Post by CodyT »

Hello All -

New Member here with a 1963 Thunderbird Hardtop. It's in great condition. Bought it off a 90 year old man with a great story. He had the car in his garage for years. The car also came with a custom trailer he had built to haul it to car shows. Needless to say, this forum has been great since buying the car. It has saved me so much time in the few things that the car did need. I'm located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I look forward to meeting some of you all. As of this moment the only 2 things not working are the clock, and last week the temp/fuel gauge quit working. I've tried everything to no avail. I guess they're fried. :sad:

- Cody Turpin
Attachments
Pic of the Engine.
Pic of the Engine.
ICON 1956

Re: New Member - '63 T-Bird

Post by ICON 1956 »

Welcome to the forum, Congrats on your purchase. There is a few things you should get. First get the shop manual for the car. This will introduce you to know how to address the mechanics on the car. Read this first. You can go and buy other manuals like the Assembly manual, and the Wiring diagram manual. Order these from the Jim Osborn reproduction inc
www.osborn-reproduction.com 770-962-5881. btw give a progress with pictures as you go through the car. ask away with any questions you might have.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
MN63Tbird

Re: New Member - '63 T-Bird

Post by MN63Tbird »

Cody Welcome also to the club. Just a quick thought that you probably have already tried on the clock and fuel gauge is both have fuses in the fuse box by the passenger foot well. I have blown a number of fuses particularly on the clock when removing it to get at the voltage regulator that runs power to the fuel and temp gauges or when one of the dash lights blew. The clock is grounded to the car a to complete the circuit. I also highly recommend the service manual and electrical diagram for the car before proceeding much further.

Good luck

MN63
1963 Thunderbird Hardtop
1966 Mustang Coupe A code