suspension roll

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

RAVEN

Re: suspension roll

Post by RAVEN »

The assembly has a serrated plate with shoulders to retain the square headed bolts on the top side of the strut rod. The assembly is in descending order, Square bolt head, serrated shoulder plate, struts rod, lower arm, serrated plate, ball joint plate, lock washer, lower arm- strut rod nut.
The assembly is very solid if all serrated points and torque numbers are satisfied.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
methos76

Post by methos76 »

RAVEN wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:50 pm The assembly has a serrated plate with shoulders to retain the square headed bolts on the top side of the strut rod. The assembly is in descending order, Square bolt head, serrated shoulder plate, struts rod, lower arm, serrated plate, ball joint plate, lock washer, lower arm- strut rod nut.
The assembly is very solid if all serrated points and torque numbers are satisfied.
ok I ordered new strut rod bushings and sway bar link kits while I was at it. called the garage that put my wheel back in place and tightened it down, turns out when asked what they torqued it down to they said they didn't use a torque wrench they just tightened it to what they thought was tight enough. so im going to install the new bushings and try tightening it to spec of 120-165 ft lbs we will see. last work that garage gets from me
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Still would like to see pictures of current condition for comparison. Get before and after pics to help follow up on further progress.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
methos76

Post by methos76 »

Alan H. Tast wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:57 pm Still would like to see pictures of current condition for comparison. Get before and after pics to help follow up on further progress.
when I can I live in town and they have already ticketed me for working on my car on the street