Car cover for 1960 with Continental kit

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1958-60 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Roger Bock

Car cover for 1960 with Continental kit

Post by Roger Bock »

I have emailed several car cover companies asking if they have covers for those with Continental kits. None has the courtesy to respond at all. Wondering if anyone has had success, and if so, where did you find it. Thanks
abaucom

Re: Car cover for 1960 with Continental kit

Post by abaucom »

I would suggest you call (not email) the car cover vendors to get feedback. Tell them if you have a hardtop or convertible as the pattern fit might be slightly different. Then explain your situation regarding the continental kit and ask if you can also buy an additional two yards of fabric. If that works out then I would think any upholstery shop (furn. or auto) could easily modify the rear of the car cover to fit around the dimensions of your continental kit after taking a few measurements. Also you might contact your local regional T-Bird Club for assistance.
About six years ago I purchased my 1966 Bird Conv. cover from 'California Car Covers' and on the phone customer service was excellent advising me the best style for my specific auto storage situation.
Recommend material quality and fit is more important than price. My car cover fit is excellent and the style has protected my auto for six years during five months a year winter stored in a Canadian underground large residential parking garage that develops a lot of moisture and airborne sticky grim. In the Spring when I take the car cover off, my Bird is dust free and most importantly moisture free. Concrete floors, I do lay down some plastic sheeting from Home Depot (painters isle) which I park on during winter months.
T-Bird Registry #19119
1966 T-Bird convertible
2011 Camaro 2LT
Roger Bock

Re: Car cover for 1960 with Continental kit

Post by Roger Bock »

Thanks so much. I will start making calls.