First Unread Message

Offer suggestions for making this forum the one you want to visit every day! Maybe even twice a day!!
tbird

First Unread Message

Post by tbird »

Terri
How about adding a first message unread feature to the system it save a bit of time in rereading threads I already read the replies to, that way as long as you log in and click the first unread option it starts you there.
Jim
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

First unread message

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi Jim,
don't know how this suggestion got by me! Sorry it took me so long to answer but at the top right of your screen there is a link that say view posts since last visit? That should list all you have NOT read yet.

see ya in Minnesota?
Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
tbird

Post by tbird »

Hi Terri
All I have is Veiw Prevous Topic & Next Topic on the top of my message space this does not take me to the next unread reply in a thread.
Jim
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi Jim,

"view posts since last visit" is on the front page (right corner) of the forum, not in the message area. It will take you to any posts you have not read since your last visit.

Concerning individual threads in each post... the last post should be the first one you see so you should not have to scroll down too far to get to something you haven't read unless you are just starting to read at the very beginning because you haven't read any of them before.

hope this helps? I didn't build the software for this forum, so I have limited things that I can do with it...

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds