Lowering blocks

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Kandyorangez

Lowering blocks

Post by Kandyorangez »

Im installing air ride on my 66. A buddy is making 2 inch lowering blocks for me as there aren't aftermarket ones that fit. That being said, this old technology is all new to me as everything ive ever messed with has been independent rear suspension. I see belltech offers a 2 degree angled lowering block to achieve proper pinion angle?! Is this something I should have done on mine also?
RedBird64

Re: Lowering blocks

Post by RedBird64 »

It kinda depends.
After you get it lowered, you'll need to check pinion to driveshaft angle - it should be between 1 and 3 degrees. It's going to be at the lower end of that figure.
I would also check the rubber brake line for binding once you've completed the lowering.

Frankly, as low as these cars are, you're going to be dragging over all kinds of things. Speed bumps, high spots in the road, sidewalks and driveways. Make sure the exhaust clamps are turned updard or you'll rip off stuff.

Good luck,
Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
Kandyorangez

Post by Kandyorangez »

I have air ride so ride height is all adjustable. But when parked it'll be on the ground 😁
geoffs65tbird

Post by geoffs65tbird »

WAIT...

lowering blocks AND air ride?

Doesn't air ride take care of ride height?

Asking for a friend (I'm really not this dumb) :n00b: