Vent window retaining retaining nut

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

Wklink

Vent window retaining retaining nut

Post by Wklink »

I pulled the vent windows on my 62 to replace the seals. Of course the nuts that the bolts (top part of the vent window assembly) were gone on the passenger side and the guy that painted the car put a nut in place to hold the window in place. Needless to say that was a real treat trying to get the nut off without the ability to easily get back there with a box wrench.

The drivers side has a retaining nut in a holder but I am not sure what to get and was hoping someone here has an idea of what and where I can get them.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
caseyc

Re: Vent window retaining retaining nut

Post by caseyc »

Hi ,
I just finished redoing mine but I am unsure about where you are talking about. On my 62 the top of the vent window is held by a pin that is secured with 2 screws that are tapped into the widow frame. The bottom of the vent window is secured by a bolt (that is part of the frame) with a spring and one nut holding it. Maybe if you posted a pic or two we would be able to help you more.
CASEY C
62 tbird,41 chevy pickup project, 46 cadillac project