Original Auto Interiors bought out by SMS Auto Fabrics

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

Alan H. Tast

Original Auto Interiors bought out by SMS Auto Fabrics

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Just found this when searching for Original Auto Interiors: Another quality resource has evaporated. Tom was our "go-to" for OEM/NOS upholstery for our 'Birds. I just hope "customer service" has improved at SMS to the same level that Tom had...

Hello,
After 40 years in the Upholstery Business, I am retiring. Effective January 1, 2018, Original Auto Interiors Inc. will be transferred to Doug Pollock of SMS Auto Fabrics.

Doug has assured me that the same level of customer service you expect and deserve will be maintained. I would like to thank all the loyal automotive trimmers and customers for your patronage and wish you all the best.

You can visit Doug's website at https://smsautofabrics.com/

Sincerely,
Tom Ames
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
redstangbob

Re: Original Auto Interiors bought out by SMS Auto Fabrics

Post by redstangbob »

Wow! I didn't think Tom was all that old. I've purchased and personally picked up my items at OAI, he was a bit out of the way but worth the drive for me. Tom had 3 barns (IIRC) FULL of stuff, it'll be a tall order getting all that moved. He was great to deal with, I wish him all the best.
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop