Authenticity Roster

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

survivor66

Authenticity Roster

Post by survivor66 »

First let me say I'm not a concours guy. I like to drive not polish. The 66 I just picked up is original paint/interior zero rust SoCal car with 58,000 miles on it. I purchased it from a guy who got it from an estate sale. He does't work on cars so he paid to get it running. They changed the carb and air cleaner (Edelbrock) but that can be put back. Is there a survivor/unrestored class? I noticed the Authenticity Roster on the web site but couldn't find any info about it.
tbird

Re: Authenticity Roster

Post by tbird »

Just surfing around a bit and noticed your question from Jan 6/18, a little late but yes there is a survivor / authenticity judging class. This is covered in Volume 1 Concours Rules of the concours judging information, the rules and forms for to have you car judged in one or both of these categories at the International Convention and Concours, you must be a VTCI member and fill out the form and submit them to the Concours Directer prior to the event.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars