67 T-Bird wiring problem

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
mbgarage83

67 T-Bird wiring problem

Post by mbgarage83 »

With the key out of the ignition I have power to all accessories(windows, blower motor, wipers), cant find out why. Constantly draining the battery, I have to disconnect it all of the time.
simmobe

Re: 67 T-Bird wiring problem

Post by simmobe »

I would suspect a failed / defective ignition key switch. Sounds like it is stuck in the 'ACC' position, even though the key has been removed.
Bruce
1971 Thunderbird Hardtop
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

simmobe wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:14 am I would suspect a failed / defective ignition key switch. Sounds like it is stuck in the 'ACC' position, even though the key has been removed.
x2
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
voltron

Post by voltron »

Like to mention that I had a problem with my 69 when it was just a couple years old. When I bought the replacement switch from Ford it included a new plug that connected to the back of the switch that had short wires with crimp connectors installed so you could cut the old plug off and just crimp the new one on. The reason was then obvious because the original connector was burned up and melted to the old switch. Parts man said they failed often that's why they included the new connector. Check your connector to see if the terminals are burned up when you replace the switch.