Transmission cooling lines for a 1969 Thunderbird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
OneAmongOthers

Transmission cooling lines for a 1969 Thunderbird

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Hey guys I just got a new set of transmission cooling lines for my car. I got them from Classic tube (all pre-bent with the end fittings on), and I am wondering do I need rubber tubing anywhere? The lines I got are a solid stainless steel tubing that go all the way from the transmission to the radiator. Do I need to cut it and and in rubber lines? Or can I just run it like that?
stove

Re: Transmission cooling lines for a 1969 Thunderbird

Post by stove »

You use them as is... Good luck "working" with the stainless steel. It will likely be difficult to install these, as they are meant to be installed on the engine/trans package before it is installed in the vehicle.
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack
OneAmongOthers

Re: Transmission cooling lines for a 1969 Thunderbird

Post by OneAmongOthers »

stove wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 am You use them as is... Good luck "working" with the stainless steel. It will likely be difficult to install these, as they are meant to be installed on the engine/trans package before it is installed in the vehicle.
Okay. I should have figured as much. Though I have the grille off and the car jacked up on stands. Plus no exhaust on it yet. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll try my best to get them on the car.