New owner and new to this forum

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Rtshirk

New owner and new to this forum

Post by Rtshirk »

Hello all.. I recently purchased a 1967 4 door and would appreciate any assistance in steering me towards good parts sources. Most of the Thunderbird sites I've seen seem to focus on the '66 and older models.

Thanks in advance !
Davec

Re: New owner and new to this forum

Post by Davec »

Hello, i'm new too. I have a 70 4dr landau and also have a hard time finding parts. All I can say is that between ebay, rockauto, tbirdhq, macautoparts and a few other places parts usually appear. I'm in the UK too so even harder for me
stiles72

Post by stiles72 »

Good luck - There's not a lot out there for '67-71. Best bet is to scour E-bay and Craigslist. Depending on the part - there may be a few repros made for Cougars and '66 T-birds that crossover, but not many. If you have a specific part you need and cant find - post it here and someone may be able to help point you in the right direction or at least tell you what your options are.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

stiles72 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 pm Good luck - There's not a lot out there for '67-71. Best bet is to scour E-bay and Craigslist. Depending on the part - there may be a few repros made for Cougars and '66 T-birds that crossover, but not many. If you have a specific part you need and cant find - post it here and someone may be able to help point you in the right direction or at least tell you what your options are.
Yes there is quite a lot still floating around. If you look. I have found replacement patch panels, engine, suspension, brakes and whatnot. Some parts are harder to find like interior, but can be sourced or fabricated if needed. Be diligent and you'll find what you need! and if you need help with any mechanical stuff let us know!