Getting wiper motors going

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
cbaskin

Getting wiper motors going

Post by cbaskin »

Hello, I have a 67 tbird with the hydraulic wiper motors. The power steering has been redone. Does anyone know how to connect the wiper motors to the power steering pump to get the wipers going? Or, would it be better to go with a universal wiper motor kit – if so, does anyone know of any kit that will work with a 67 tbird? Thanks, CB
Ghostman

Re: Getting wiper motors going

Post by Ghostman »

I actually have the opposite problem. I replaced my power steering pump and now my wipers will not go off. I sent it off to Thunderbirds Headquarters a company in California. They said they could rebuild it then call me and said they cannot. I have looked everywhere and no one make a conversion from hydraulic to electric for 67-69 Tbirds. When I get my wiper motor back and get it all reconnected I will send you pics of how it should look. If you find a universal wiper kit to replace theses please let me know. This system is a pain in the #@*.
stove

Post by stove »

1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

Sorry have not been on here in awhile. Did you still need pics of how wiper motor lines from power steering? I actually repaired my wiper motor and it works great for now.
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

Thanks for the info where to get another wiper motor.