removing wiper blades

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
cbaskin

removing wiper blades

Post by cbaskin »

can someone please tell me how to remove the entire wiper blade arm assembly off of a 67 tbird -- I need to get the cowl off to access the wiper motor and install wiper fluid hoses. thanks, CB
55Greg&Amy

Re: removing wiper blades

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

To remove the wiper arms you need to find the release tab underneath the arm. It's usually inline with the arm itself and you need to lift up on the tab and at the same time lift the wiper arm off the stud. You may need to use a small pry bar or screwdriver with a rag underneath (to avoid scratching the paint) to get the leverage necessary to get the arm to start to move then you can wiggle and pull straight up. To reinstall you just need to get the arm in the correct orientation and push down and the tab will lock on its own.
Greg Minnich
Kendallville, IN
cbaskin

Re: removing wiper blades

Post by cbaskin »

Thanks, it works. I also sprayed in some wd40 -- really helped, plus I had a beer for extra will power and said to myself that I will not leave until it is off – took about 10 hours. hammer with a wood block or cloth covering the arm also helped.