Where is up to date How to on Posting photos attachments, the how to on forumis old photobucket junk

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

P47JUG

Where is up to date How to on Posting photos attachments, the how to on forumis old photobucket junk

Post by P47JUG »

Checked the How to section and found only old photobucket stuff for posting pix and attachments.
Thought that was cancelled?? How do we post pix now??
Thanks,
P47JUG
65 TBird
Charlie Slack
Austin, Giddings, Texas
Alan H. Tast

Re: Where is up to date How to on Posting photos attachments, the how to on forumis old photobucket junk

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Site Upgrade, Attachments, & Photobucket Report

Post by Yoda » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:43 pm

"As you're composing or replying to a post there should now be an "Attachments" tab at the bottom. Each post is limited to 20 attachments and attachments may not be larger than 4MB."

To expand on this, there are two tabs below the message window where the boxes 'Preview' and 'Submit' are - 'Options' and 'Attachments.' Click on the 'Attachment' tab below the message window. If you click on the tab this appears:

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below. You may also attach files by dragging and dropping them in the message box.
There's a box with 'Add files' below this message: click on it and a window should pop up (I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge for a browser as I just got a new laptop that I'm setting up right now) that will let you select a picture from your computer. Click on the file for the photo you want to upload and it should start the process automatically, with a bar that pops up with file name, place to add comment to added file, size and status. I just did it and a picture of a surge tank should be part of this response as my test photo.

It's really pretty simple.
Attachments
Test photo
Test photo
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
David Langhorne

Re: Where is up to date How to on Posting photos attachments, the how to on forumis old photobucket junk

Post by David Langhorne »

Photobucket is a load of advert-ridden rubbish. Use www.postimage.org - it's MUCH quicker and you won't pick up unwonted malware.
Dave Langhorne 65SL
UK