wanted 66 bird signal relay

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

low flying bird

wanted 66 bird signal relay

Post by low flying bird »

does anyone sell a signal relay part# c5sb-13a366-c , is there a way to test them ,i have checked wire's going to relay and there is power.but does not open contact in relay any suggestion .thank you
redstangbob

Re: wanted 66 bird signal relay

Post by redstangbob »

You'll probably have to find one on ebay if yours is truly bad. They won't open unless you have all 4 lights working, 3 rear and 1 front, as they work on current draw. I have adjusted them, go slow so you don't tweak it out of shape. You can also check here https://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/ ... tial+turns
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
low flying bird

Post by low flying bird »

thanks for the info, right now the lights on the top of the fenders just stay on when signal left or right they don.t blink i have power to the relay that's bolted to steering column , there is power going to the back because the cam motor is running ,and i checked with test light but no signal light front or back lights , i was thinking it could be the sequence relay.
jdrax

Post by jdrax »

sounds like it could be the large relay in the back of the car, that is the signal light relay. The one under the dash is the signal indicator light relay for the front top fender lights. Do you have brake lights?
I have seen on those large relays that sometimes a wire will come loose from those little rivet contacts and sometimes that happens on the inside of it also. I have not seen where those relays burn out. They are not hard to remove to inspect
marknat

Post by marknat »

I think I had the same problem a year or so ago with mine. Back signals worked fine, but front just stayed lit. Took the relay under the dash apart and cleaned the contacts. Put it all back together and still working great today.
Mark.