Engine overhaul

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

blab

Engine overhaul

Post by blab »

Hi,

I plan to do a minor engine overhaul during winter. Currently planning, getting equipment etc.

A few weeks ago I got this engine stand:

Mainly, because I can put a large collection pan under the engine.

I have this type of engine hoist, the typical 2 (metric) ton in red:

Now I wonder if the stand will fit into the hoist to transfer the engine. :roll:

Haven't unpacked and mounted the stand yet. If it won't fit at all I may sell it like it is.

Thanks,
Stefan
Since 1993.
sseebart

Re: Engine overhaul

Post by sseebart »

Hard to know for sure just based on these photos, but I don't think you'll have any trouble with the transfer.

Good luck with the rebuild--keep us posted on the progress!

~Steve
paulr

Post by paulr »

blab wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 am
I have this type of engine hoist, the typical 2 (metric) ton in red:

Now I wonder if the stand will fit into the hoist to transfer the engine. :roll:

Thanks,
Stefan
It almost looks like a Torin. Not what I have, but I think most of the 2-ton have a common footprint. I bet you're alright. Get a leveler.
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
blab

Post by blab »

sseebart wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm Hard to know for sure just based on these photos, but I don't think you'll have any trouble with the transfer.

Good luck with the rebuild--keep us posted on the progress!
Thanks, will do. That's why I kept the thread title kind of generic. :-)
paulr wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 pm It almost looks like a Torin. Not what I have, but I think most of the 2-ton have a common footprint. I bet you're alright. Get a leveler.
Mine is chinese, just this type. The leveler came two days ago, I was really looking forward to it:

Kind of expensive and I'm not sure how well it will work. But tool fetishism won here. If it does work it should make things easier by being able to use the carburetor threads.
Since 1993.