Need to vent about someone's stupidity

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Krubba

Need to vent about someone's stupidity

Post by Krubba »

So that parts car I posted a month back was still up last week. I contact him and say, before he scraps it, I'll buy it for $650. He agrees, says he needs it gone by Saturday. I say worst case I can come pay earlier and leave it on street till I find a trailer.

Then Thursday I send email saying I got a trailer for Friday night, is it ok if I just pay and pickup Friday, 7pm? No response. Friday morning I ask if he's gonna be there, he says "sorry, couldn't wait anymore, donated to kidney foundation".

Wtf?!

So instead of 650 he gets a tax receipt, and a historic car is probably history.

I contacted pick a part place where it should end up, see if I can buy it from them. But I don't hold out much hope :\
Klaus
1965 Thunderbird - Grinding is penance for bad welds!
VTIC member #12304
redbow

Re: Need to vent about someone's stupidity

Post by redbow »

Did you contact the Kidney Foundation? Around here they sell their donations to the public if there not total junk. Or maybe at least find out what they did with it? Worth a try if your really interested in THAT car.

Burke
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
VTCI #12348 as of 5/4/2015
Krubba

Post by Krubba »

I did, and they said they never even see the car, goes straight to pick a part, which is why I've been trying to reach them. I can live without a donor car, but it just seems like a waste, and the guy could have just called me to move it more urgently.
Klaus
1965 Thunderbird - Grinding is penance for bad welds!
VTIC member #12304
bwssr

Post by bwssr »

This guy must be a real prize ja
I was in the army stationed at Ft. Lewis in November 1973. I bought my 65 Thunderbird near there and was hooked on Thunderbirds ever since.
mnpetri

Post by mnpetri »

Krubba wrote:So that parts car I posted a month back was still up last week. I contact him and say, before he scraps it, I'll buy it for $650. He agrees, says he needs it gone by Saturday...
... Friday morning I ask if he's gonna be there, he says "sorry, couldn't wait anymore, donated to kidney foundation".

Wtf?!
Yeah, whatever happened to a "gentleman's agreement"?
Mark
VTCI # 11024
65 Special Landau #1485
66 Sunbeam Tiger
franklin

Post by franklin »

Im selling several things and run into the same BS. People are flat disrespectful of my time and wont respond, they just disappear. Sorry to hear that, but it reminds me of some of the crap I get from people. And the scammers are unbelievable!! Anyway, take care. Frank
1966 town hardtop 390 z code