A/C water

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Richard

A/C water

Post by Richard »

I notice I don't see any water on ground under my Tbird after using the A/C like I do in newer cars..Is this normal? ::?
1965 Hardtop Charcoal Gray Metallic
VTCI#12157
tbird

Re: A/C water

Post by tbird »

Is the A/C blowing cold air?
Have you checked you carpets and underpad for moisture?

There is a rubber elbow that comes out of the firewall slightly to the right side of center just above the engine bell housing it is connected to a drain spigot at the bottom of the A/C Heat plenum, it may be rotten pulled off the connection or completely missing. This rubber fitting is not being reproduced to my knowledge mine was missing and I found a hose at a well stocked parts store that would work.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
Richard

Re: A/C water

Post by Richard »

tbird wrote:Is the A/C blowing cold air?
Have you checked you carpets and underpad for moisture?

There is a rubber elbow that comes out of the firewall slightly to the right side of center just above the engine bell housing it is connected to a drain spigot at the bottom of the A/C Heat plenum, it may be rotten pulled off the connection or completely missing. This rubber fitting is not being reproduced to my knowledge mine was missing and I found a hose at a well stocked parts store that would work.
Yes the a/c is very cold and carpet and padding dry..I then removed the air filter housing and then was able to see rubber fitting..Turned a/c on and water was dripping out like it should..Guess water was drying up on ground before I could see it..I really like learning about my Tbird and especially when things are working correctly..Thanks Jim for your help..

FYI I did look in the shop manual and the Osborn body and even electrical manuals and didn't see fitting.
1965 Hardtop Charcoal Gray Metallic
VTCI#12157