OPINIONS ABOUT REPLACEMENT CARPET I BOUGHT

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

65Jetbird

OPINIONS ABOUT REPLACEMENT CARPET I BOUGHT

Post by 65Jetbird »

Today I received the replacement carpet for my '65 Thunderbird Landau. It was made by a company called TrimParts based in Lebanon, Ohio. Its the 80/20 nylon loop carpet and is black. My car is only going to be a weekend driver and is not going to be restored to show room condition. That being said, It's the little things that annoy me. On the drivers side, the foot pad is somewhat crooked from the left side to the right side. The jute backing on bottom of the drivers side rear was not put on straight. The passenger side was. Maybe I'm just being to critical but these minor things bug me. If your going to do something then do it the best that you can. I guess I have to tell myself that no one will see the drivers foot pad somewhat crooked (I will use the floor mats), or the jute backing put on crooked but it still bothers me.
BrianC

Re: OPINIONS ABOUT REPLACEMENT CARPET I BOUGHT

Post by BrianC »

Yea, it shouldn't be that way, so either send it back, or live with it. Since you're not going to have it judged, if you keep it, I doubt anyone will notice your 'flaws' except yourself. After a while, it won't seem so irritating when other bigger problems come up. Besides, back in the day, they may have shipped a new T-Bird with a faulty rug like the one you have...QC wasn't very good then and got worse into the '70's.
'66 Ragtop, 77k miles. Antique bronze. Brought from original owner. Fully documented.