Dual Master Cylinder ?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

John R. Thomas

Dual Master Cylinder ?

Post by John R. Thomas »

Has anyone installed one?
BrianC

Re: Dual Master Cylinder ?

Post by BrianC »

Call your buddy out your way, John Draxler, at T-Bird Ranch...I'm sure he has done this, or looked into it.
'66 Ragtop, 77k miles. Antique bronze. Brought from original owner. Fully documented.
vince

Post by vince »

In addition to John D. Check out the Modified forum. I was surprised the search function in this section yielded nothing as there were lots of discussions. I guess someone moved them all to the Modified '64-'66 forum.
'66 Convertible, 428, in progress
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

I just installed one from bobs birdhouse,i had comments on it in the modified section.It was fairly straight forward had to make a couple brake lines adjust the pushrod and it works fine just took it out last weekend.Did i notice a real change in braking that would be not really,but i did it for safety ,the only thing i did not like was the resevor is plastic so you can see it is a new design,but it can always be changed back with little work and i did not have to notch the brace.So i weighed the two and decided to go with it instead of notching the brace,guess the upside is the plasic and aluminum body wont rust like the cast piece did.It did hurt my heart to put something so modern on my car as i have worked so hard to keep it as stock as i can,but again it was for safety i do feel better about that part.