Tbird Bday

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Richard

Tbird Bday

Post by Richard »

Tomorrow Jan. 8 my 1965 hardtop will be 50 years old..I have her for almost 3 years and it is an honor to own her at the 50 year mark..Also I would like to thank all the help I have received from this great forum and its great members..So whos coming over for birthday cake? We will have party hats too!!! :new-bday: :new-bday: :bday: :icecream:
To bad I cant take her for a ride with all the salt on the ground ..Had her out last week though..
1965 Hardtop Charcoal Gray Metallic
VTCI#12157
mnpetri

Re: Tbird Bday

Post by mnpetri »

Congrats on the milestone birthday!
I suppose there have been a bunch of Flairbirds hitting the 1/2 Century mark recently - and will be a bunch more.

What are you referencing for the "date"? I have the "Emminger Invoice" for ours, so all I see is the "invoice date"?
Mark
VTCI # 11024
65 Special Landau #1485
66 Sunbeam Tiger
franklin

Post by franklin »

Thats great!!! I`de be over, but I cant catch a flight that quick,,,, :mrgreen: :new-bday:
1966 town hardtop 390 z code
Richard

Post by Richard »

mnpetri wrote:Congrats on the milestone birthday!
I suppose there have been a bunch of Flairbirds hitting the 1/2 Century mark recently - and will be a bunch more.

What are you referencing for the "date"? I have the "Emminger Invoice" for ours, so all I see is the "invoice date"?
Thanks for the nice Bday wishes..
The date is on the data plate on the inside edge of the drivers door. I also have my build sheet that came with the car..
VTCI#12157
mnpetri

Post by mnpetri »

Richard wrote:The date is on the data plate on the inside edge of the drivers door.
I'll have to take a look, then I can see how the 2 dates compare. Thanks.
Mark
VTCI # 11024
65 Special Landau #1485
66 Sunbeam Tiger
mnpetri

Post by mnpetri »

I think that Artie Johnson would be saying, "very interesting..."

For our car, the Invoice date is 3/4/65, while the date on the door tag is March 9. T-bird will turn 50 this year. Our son's birthday is the next day, altho he quite a bit younger :roll:, maybe we'll just have 1 party :occasion6:
Mark
VTCI # 11024
65 Special Landau #1485
66 Sunbeam Tiger
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mark,
Alan Tast had explained to me some time ago that there are many reasons for the date issues. He said that maybe they held cars up on the line for maybe repairs ,waiting for certain parts or held up to paint cars same color. My car has the reverse issue. My build sheet date is later than my data plate. The data plate is Jan.8 and build sheet Jan. 11. He had me check if those dates were a Fri. and Mon. and he was right on..Meaning that its possible the car was supposed to be done on the 11th but was finished early on the 8th at the end of the days shift..Ow thats great a car built on a Fri. and a Mon.And my engine block was cast on Jan. 2 so I hope they weren't hung over from New Years..LOL Well she has held up well no matter what days she was built on..

I am old enough to get the Artie Johnson quote..For those that don't it was from a show called Laugh In from the late 60s.
VTCI#12157
mnpetri

Post by mnpetri »

Thanks Richard.
I checked the calendar, March 4 (date on invoice) was a Thursday, March 9 (date on door plate) was the following Tuesday.

Here is the Artie Johnson clip, but no context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM
Richard

Post by Richard »

I guess it could have also been waiting on the line for some part or paint too..
Funny clip of Laugh In..Thanks for sharing..
VTCI#12157
honigs

Post by honigs »

My Tbird Bday is very close to yours....Jan 11,1965 on the data plate.....Jan 9, 1965 on the gate release....what is your VIN?
Mine is 5Y87Z135043....Med Ivy Gold Metallic, Ivy Gold Interior, Landau
1965 Ivy Gold Metallic Landau
VTCI International Best of Show Driven 2003
VTCI International Authenticity Award 2004
David Langhorne

Post by David Langhorne »

My 65 SL's birthday is tomorrow 9th Feb going by the data tag but upon examining the ROT sheet it shows 10th so I will have to celebrate with a drink on two days running. My Special Landau seems to be the earliest on the Tbird Registry so if anyone has an earlier one I would be interested to know.
Dave Langhorne 65SL
UK
Richard

Post by Richard »

honigs wrote:My Tbird Bday is very close to yours....Jan 11,1965 on the data plate.....Jan 9, 1965 on the gate release....what is your VIN?
Mine is 5Y87Z135043....Med Ivy Gold Metallic, Ivy Gold Interior, Landau
Mine ends in 134238 so yes we are very close..Cool having her at the 50 mark..Cant wait till spring to get her back on the road ..
VTCI#12157
Richard

Post by Richard »

David Langhorne wrote:My 65 SL's birthday is tomorrow 9th Feb going by the data tag but upon examining the ROT sheet it shows 10th so I will have to celebrate with a drink on two days running. My Special Landau seems to be the earliest on the Tbird Registry so if anyone has an earlier one I would be interested to know.
Happy Bday to your Tbird..Was in London last year..Great city,cant wait to get back..
I am on the registry too so mine by date would be earlier than yours. Although I looked on the registry and see there are many earlier than ours..
VTCI#12157
mnpetri

Post by mnpetri »

David Langhorne wrote:My 65 SL's birthday is tomorrow 9th Feb going by the data tag but upon examining the ROT sheet it shows 10th so I will have to celebrate with a drink on two days running. My Special Landau seems to be the earliest on the Tbird Registry so if anyone has an earlier one I would be interested to know.
Happy Birthday! to our car's "older twin Brother" (by pretty much exactly 1 month :roll: )

I thought that I read somewhere that the "Special Landau" package was a sort of "late in the model year" idea(?), thus a February date as an early one certainly seems reasonable.
It's been while since I poked around in the Registry... how many SLs are included?
David Langhorne

Post by David Langhorne »

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mark and Richard. Looks like total of 240 Special Landaus out of 2738 65's on register. That indicates a good survival rate I reckon considering most owners won't bother with the registry. Mine is definitely the oldest there - the only older one on the registry was scrapped in 2004. My VIN is 5Y87Z143425
Dave Langhorne 65SL
UK