Emergency flasher switch

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

paulr

Re: Emergency flasher switch

Post by paulr »

sseebart wrote:
I'm not certain how the 4-way circuit works if you have sequential rear lights--could complicate matters.

My flashers work fine unless I step on the brake, then the light glows solid. Not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be.

~Steve
Step on the pedal = solid brake lights, that's how mine has always functioned also. I finally had a chance to check out another guy's '64 for comparison and it was exactly that way as well. 3 for 3. I think we have trend. Hopefully that's what Wixom designed.

As for the '65/66 sequentials complicating the diagram, man, the '64 emergency flasher diagram is bad enough. I would hate to study that thing.
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
Stuart522

Post by Stuart522 »

So my flasher light/switch is on the overhead console, door ajar works, but is only a solid red. so after some work behind the dash, i noticed the flasher light was on, it has never worked, but it was now lit up, so i clicked it, and the car died, all power gone, seems fusible link running to battery fried. Mechanic put in a 30 amp fuse, and told me not to click the flasher switch...
So, let me get my tow truck drivers card and i'm off to test it.
At least i now know when the car will break down...whenever i drive it!!!!@#! LIve and learn, next time i'll save my money and buy another house or a new porsche. or a perfectly restored anything for 35k, and i'll have 15-20k left over...

Now i know why Thelma and Louise drove off a cliff...but in reality it would have overheated long before they reached that cliff..(Thelma & Louise Part II)? They weren't running from the parking lot shooting , but from all the mechanics they owed money to.

:drinking:
:n00b:
1966 T-Bird (almost finished-if that's possible)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR (super-charged V8 - 541 hp)
2003 Harley XLH Hugger
1966 Mustang - (SOLD for Cash$ and a Winchester Rifle) Will buy one complete if i want one
ELTBIRD

Post by ELTBIRD »

Here is my lonely flasher light and switch with no safety covience option. It came along with the highway pilot option on my 66 hardtop with AC and the 8 track stereo option. Tells me the original owner cruised the highways and grooved on tunes. No PW or PS. Hope this helps
Attachments
20220327_201923.jpg
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

A bit of a thread hijack but when I push the four way flasher switch (we call them ‘hazard lights’ in New Zealand) I find only the left front turn signal blinks, anybody got an idea why the other three lights in the system don’t work?
My brake lights, turn signals etc all work fine.
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
Scott6T6

Post by Scott6T6 »

In 1966, ALL Thunderbird's came with emergency flashers as the U.S. government made it a requirement that year.
ELBIRD has the standard flasher toggle switch/indicator light that came on every '66 Conventional Hardtop and Convertible that was not equipped with the optional Safety/Convenience Control Panel. Emergency flashers were one of the features included in that option package.
On '66 Town models, the overhead roof console and the Safety/Convenience Control Panel were standard equipment.
On '64 & '65 models, if the car was not optioned with the Safety/Convenience Control Panel, then it had no emergency flashers.

Scott
Rt.146

Post by Rt.146 »

Stuart522 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:26 pm So my flasher light/switch is on the overhead console, door ajar works, but is only a solid red. so after some work behind the dash, i noticed the flasher light was on, it has never worked, but it was now lit up, so i clicked it, and the car died, all power gone, seems fusible link running to battery fried. Mechanic put in a 30 amp fuse, and told me not to click the flasher switch...
So, let me get my tow truck drivers card and i'm off to test it.
At least i now know when the car will break down...whenever i drive it!!!!@#! LIve and learn, next time i'll save my money and buy another house or a new porsche. or a perfectly restored anything for 35k, and i'll have 15-20k left over...

Now i know why Thelma and Louise drove off a cliff...but in reality it would have overheated long before they reached that cliff..(Thelma & Louise Part II)? They weren't running from the parking lot shooting , but from all the mechanics they owed money to.

:drinking:
Some of the same thoughts plus a few more that are. :xcensoredx:
ELTBIRD

Post by ELTBIRD »

My flashers work fine. Fortunately I have not had to use them. Happy Labor Day!