66 ~ vacuum thermostatic switch

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

JETBRD66

66 ~ vacuum thermostatic switch

Post by JETBRD66 »

The a/c on my 66 was not working, after allot of investigation and fooling around etc , I came across the switch etc, hard to get at , so I decided to remove the nut holding it in place , I brought it down low enough to have a good look at it, and noticed there is an adjustable screw on the vacuum shaft , after I loosened it and repositioned it the switch works fine , is there a reason for this adjustable piece ? trying to figure out why it there or what other purpose it serves, it appears only to trigger the a/c system after that the elect switch controlled by the sensing probe takes over ? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, G.
THE OLE TURD IN THE BIGBIRD

http://postimg.org/image/6wgpas7od/
paulr

Re: 66 ~ vacuum thermostatic switch

Post by paulr »

It's just for range of lever travel. Position until you get a click...which, apparently you already found out. I may be assuming, that is, if 64s and 66s are alike. I thought you modified that on your car?

Paul
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
JETBRD66

Re: 66 ~ vacuum thermostatic switch

Post by JETBRD66 »

I did modify it, but when I was repairing some vacuum hoses etc I really had a good look at it , once I had the vacuum situation sorted out, and that the vacuum actuator was working I decided to see if I could get original system to work which it does NOW ! including adjusting the vacuum bar, my other way did work well, but had to have a bypass switch installed to turn off the comp when not in use, it's always nice to have factory stuff working , which now includes heat, and temp control !
Thanks for the info, G>
THE OLE TURD IN THE BIGBIRD

http://postimg.org/image/6wgpas7od/