New Ignition Help???

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

ricklove

New Ignition Help???

Post by ricklove »

Fairly new owner and tackling "minor" issues as I learn about how to fix things needing attention. I'm a "stickler" for ensuring that my cars are ready to drive anywhere, anytime. I'm fairly mechanically minded, but new "problems" take me a while to learn the ins & outs of fixes. Ignition switch was very sloppy, so I did some research and decided to replace the "ignition key/cylinder assy" (Scott Drake) and the "ignition switch assy" (Rock Auto 1S6140). After some learning curve errors, I had everything new installed. Re-connected the battery, turned the new ignition key ....... and nothing. No idiot lights & no clicking. Headlights and horn work, but no turn signals, idiot lights, or ignition. Ideas or input??? Thanks!!
ricklove

Re: New Ignition Help???

Post by ricklove »

Upon removing both assy again, I noticed that 1 of the spade terminals was missing from the wiring harness connector that goes on the back of the ignition switch assy. Naturally, I didn't order the wiring harness when I ordered the other 2 assy pieces. Live and learn!!!!!!