are bullet birds attractive to car thieves?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

ornithology

are bullet birds attractive to car thieves?

Post by ornithology »

well, they're so beautiful that they must be attractive. but where does a bullet bird rank in desirability for theft? i seem to see that the used parts market is pretty reasonable, so perhaps it's not an especially juicy target?

as my new digs present me with no driveway, i'll need to keep the Bird on the street. good news is there are no parking restrictions, etc.
but i'm gonna have to lock 'er down, covered, clubbed, brake-locked, fuel cut-offed, maybe even booted!

it's the way it has to be... i'm just curious how much of a target i'll be managing.

cheers!
ICON 1956

Re: are bullet birds attractive to car thieves?

Post by ICON 1956 »

When I had a 61 I always worried about the same thing when I took her out. I had installed a kill switch under the dash.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

I don't think any of our cars are that attractive to car thieves.
For the most part, crooks want cars they can strip and easily sell parts for. That's why cars like 5~10 y/o Accords, Camry's and other high volume selling vehicles always top the ins. company's lists of most stolen.
A car like any of ours would most likely be a crime of opertunity and be used for a joy ride.

Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
ornithology

Post by ornithology »

aye. it's always interesting, how precious a car is to you, versus the black market. good to know i'm probably in love with an oddball. still. most of the above measures will be taken, for mine own peace of mind.
mjabbasi

Post by mjabbasi »

I doubt these cars will attract any thieves as such. They probably know how much fuel they consume and where will they hide them?
Moin Abbasi

1961 Montecarlo Red Thunderbird Convertible
1962 Nocturne Blue Lincoln Continental Sedan
1963 Premier Yellow Lincoln Continental Convertible