Front suspension rebuild

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Jesseshipmans63bird

Front suspension rebuild

Post by Jesseshipmans63bird »

Hello all, I just purchased my dream thunderbird so I knew I’d be needing so join a forum ASAP!
Introductions out of the way, my bird is a 1963 and I have a pretty long list of to-do’s for it. First, I need to rebuild the front end suspension/steering components. I can tell it’s all original, plus is squeaks really loud going down the road.

I was wondering if any of y’all knew of an entire kit that sells everything together, that way I don’t have to try and track everything down myself... Thanks!
ICON 1956

Re: Front suspension rebuild

Post by ICON 1956 »

First question I always ask first do you have the Shop manual?....Getting all the needed materials to read would help you fully understand what you're getting into. We have our advertisers that help our group. Take some time and look up these suppliers , and then make a list of what you need to replace. Good Luck.
Bird Nest www.tbirdparts.com
Concours Parts www.concoursparts.com
Larry's Thunderbird Parts www.larrystbird.com
Pat Wilson's Thunderbird www.@ wilsontbird.com
Last edited by ICON 1956 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
RAVEN

Re: Front suspension rebuild

Post by RAVEN »

I am a very big supporter of our advertisers and suppliers, BUT also one who looks at the big picture on prices and costs.
Anytime I needed or helped anyone on suspension products, I recommend a Company by the name of "Kanter". Their product has done me well and at a competitive price. They have been around for many years, and have heard no negative feedback.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible