Aluminum Radiators

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

RLZegers

Aluminum Radiators

Post by RLZegers »

I need to replace the radiator in my 63HT after an unfortunate incident where the current one had a piece come loose and get into the fan which took out the core. I'm considering an aluminum one so I did a search and found some suggestions but didn't see where anyone actually installed one, so that's my question. Has anyone installed an aftermarket aluminum radiator and did the install go well or where there issues? I'm concerned about some of these that are supposed to be direct fit but heard that some might require modification nonetheless but none of these folks have actually installed one. Going with aluminum will save me some cash but I'm more concerned about the install and if the long term results as well.

Thanks all for the information.

Ron
ICON 1956

Re: Aluminum Radiators

Post by ICON 1956 »

Ron, your question can be answered in the Modified section. This section is for only original parts of install. on these classic Thunderbird 's. I'am sure that the moderator will move this question to the right forum.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309