Diabolical interior trim clips!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

RGKaufmann

Diabolical interior trim clips!

Post by RGKaufmann »

Hello to all,

To make a long story short...I had a need to remove the two stainless trim pieces that run from the ash tray forward toward the the radio along both sides of the ribbed aluminum console. Each piece has a slotted channel where four clips slide in and provide a method to fasten the trim to the console. The clips have a two prong scissor style base that needs to be pushed into a small hole. Once in they work well to attach the trim. My question is, has anyone figured out a method of fighting the base of the clips into the hole that doesn’t require a degree from the Harvard School of Clip management. YIKES what a PITA! Also, since I bent few and eventually broke one by trying to straighten it, where do I find replacement clips.

Thanks and happy summer (soon) driving!

-Bob
55Greg&Amy

Re: Diabolical interior trim clips!

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

Greg Minnich
Kendallville, IN
arunice

Re: Diabolical interior trim clips!

Post by arunice »

Flat head screwdriver just wide enough that you can spread them open so the points are at the narrowest position. Then slide them to their respective hole, start them in the hole, remove screwdriver and give them a smack with your palm to send them home. Start at one end of the trim piece so they lay down smoothly and dont get bent.