grille mod

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

tee byrd

grille mod

Post by tee byrd »

Wondering if anyone has experience with this grille mod
https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_thun ... -1962.html
I apologize in advance to the purists out there. I'm not going for full original on my bird, she was already
modified a bit when I got her and engine was not matching (although period correct-ish, 390).
Thanks!
-'62 Hardtop
(in progress, but she runs, usually)
tee byrd

Re: grille mod

Post by tee byrd »

My apologies,
I forgot to say "hello" to everyone as I am new to this site. I also hope my mention of purists wasnt taken the wrong way either.
I have a true love for all original classics. Have owned my share. They are fabulous. I was just trying to point out that on this particular project,
it was too far past NOS/OEM (pick your terminology) by time I got her, that I feel trying to get her back to Wixom standards is just not doable.
In addition, I do enjoy resto-mods as much as originals. So hopefully I didnt inadvertently come off in a manner that was not intended.

This forum is great, I look forward to being a long time member. I would have joined sooner, but my web browser (actually use 2 of them), kept telling
that this was an unsecure site. Then one day I jumped on to see if there was a specific topic I was looking for an answer to and low n behold it was showing secure, so I joined right away.

In regards to this thread, if anyone has a line on grilles (factory look or not), please let me know. Mine is beyond repair. At least not without spending a small fortune on just one part. I have so many parts on my list of musts already, so I need to stay on track with my budget (haha...restoration and budget...thats an oxymoron)

Thanks again!
-'62 Hardtop
tee byrd

Re: grille mod

Post by tee byrd »

one more quick apology.
Being new to the forum, I now see that there is what looks like a separate section for custom/modified birds,
shown below the prime forum.
I will try to post particular topics in their correct location from now on.
Happy birding!
-'62 Hardtop