a '66 that bears looking into

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
TbirdIntender

a '66 that bears looking into

Post by TbirdIntender »

I've been hunting hard, and I believe I've about bagged my 'Bird. When the deal closes, I'll be making an announcement. In fact, it may be heard on distant continents, I'll be so excited!

But I wanted to bring to the attention of the members my last near-miss before I connected with the right one. I do believe this is a solid car with some real advantages, at a decent price, and quite worthy to be considered by anyone looking for a '66. Here's the Craigslist ad:

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/d/new ... 72035.html

According to what I heard from the owner, he is the third one, and the second did a lot of restoration. Paint, vinyl, and interior (leather) were redone and seem very good. The air works, and he told me there is some kind of newer stereo system in the trunk. He says the engine runs sweet and fine.

The major mechanical downside seems to be the instruments--the speedometer and gas gauge have quit. You'll note that it has the rare cruise control option, and I understand that worked too until the speedo went out, which amazed me. (I've been learning how complex those things are and I doubted there was one left working in the world!)

You will see that the car is parchment and emberglo. Whether it's a true Special Landau, I don't exactly know. The references seem to indicate that was a '65 only model, but yet I almost think I can read that phrase on some of the trim on this car.

The main reason I passed is partly not wanting to wade in on an instrument restoration, particularly that complex speedometer, and partly because I just couldn't quite warm up to the color combination. I wanted a brighter, cheerfuller--okay, maybe gaudier--interior color. (I guess you could say this one was too tasteful for me!) Just look how nice:

https://images.craigslist.org/00b0b_3NU ... 00x450.jpg

I'm already suffering what whatever the opposite of buyer's remorse is--I still partly wish I'd bought it. :sad:
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000