problem with Coker tires

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1958-60 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Willis

problem with Coker tires

Post by Willis »

I hate to bad mouth a supplier, but--. I was reading a forum reply and it was noted that an owner had purchased 5 Coker tires and all 5 were out of round. I recently purchased a '61 conv. With 5 new Coker tires; all four on the car are either out of round or the tread is not square to the tire. I checked with the previous owner who related a sequence of returning the tires only to get ones with worse problems. I bought the car as is so I'm stuck with them. Has anyone had the same problem? Are Dimondback any better? Willis
redbow

Re: problem with Coker tires

Post by redbow »

I'm probably the one who posted about the 5 "out-of-round" Coker's. I've had my Diamondbacks since that time and have had no problem what so ever. Mine are actually Toyo tires that have had the wide white sidewall vulcanized to the tire. The sidewall is smooth, easy to clean with Dawn, and hold their white color. I'm still amazed at how much difference there is in the ride and handling. I'm very satisfied with my Diamondbacks.

Burke
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
VTCI #12348 as of 5/4/2015
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Having read this I too have issues with my "NEW" Coker tires when I start coming to a stop the front end start's to vibrate, I've changed the ball joints u/l and even looked at my front wheel suspension with a front wheel alignment too. Now that you mentioned this. mine could be out of round maybe that's why I'm having this issue......
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
jhenry

Post by jhenry »

Are you guys talking about the Coker radials or bias plys?
VTCI #4244
1962 T-bird Convertible...DONE & SOLD!
1965 T-bird Convertible...DONE!
1959 Ford Retractable...owned 38 years
2005 Mustang GT Conv...supercharged by Ford!
redbow

Post by redbow »

Coker Classic Radials, 205/75 R14.

Burke
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
VTCI #12348 as of 5/4/2015
jhenry

Post by jhenry »

I put a set of the Coker radials on my '62 convertible last year and never had a problem.
VTCI #4244
1962 T-bird Convertible...DONE & SOLD!
1965 T-bird Convertible...DONE!
1959 Ford Retractable...owned 38 years
2005 Mustang GT Conv...supercharged by Ford!