INTERNATIONALS

Let the VTCI know what you would like to see done with these events. If you wish to be heard... here is your chance!
RAVEN

Re: INTERNATIONALS

Post by RAVEN »

Wife and I were on line today checking flights and schedules. Were hoping to arrive early by a day or two and stay an extra few. Problem is her getting time, off work as its her busy time then, will know come Monday or Tues. Regardless I plan on being there, even if Im a single guy. Once I know her work needs then I plan on booking it all. Will be nice to see Ken and Marion again after so many years, since they left to move back to BC. Ken was always the jokster and bubbly guy at our events in our local club. It will be nice to consume some home grown liquids, eg Crown or Molsons Canadian without paying premium $. also.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible

john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

redstangbob wrote:Well all you Canucks are in for it now, I bought my plane ticket :lol: :lol: . No redstangcheryl this trip, she won't go on propeller air planes :lol: I get to Kelowna at 1:30 in the afternoon, the hotel has a shuttle so I hope to be checked in by 3. See all you cats in the hotel lounge.
Well Bob & others you are all in for it now, just booked my room, looking forward to some fine craft beers (that means no Molson Canadian) & bird chat. I will be arriving Thursday it looks like.
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

John it says you've been around here since '03, don't know if you got to meet many of the gang but I bet you'll have fun. My first convention was only back in 2010, I was so excited to meet my pals from this forum. As I pulled into the parking lot/show field I was met by a friendly guy who asked my name, I told him who I was and a big smile came across his face! He says "you're redstangbob!...I'm Art Kastl!" We had a blast in Chicago, it was a great turnout, and I got to meet some extra special people. I can't come up with a real list, but I make it a point to spend time with the forum guys, they're the best. and of course, I hang around Jim Mills too much, he hasn't figured out how to get rid of me yet :lol: This trip I get to spend time with RAVEN again, I just started to get to know him, and I'll finally meet Gary (60fore) this guy has been crackin' me up for nearly 7 years. If any of you reading this (Paul P ?) get anywhere near New Orleans, look up my good friend Van Gale, i never miss an opportunity to swap stories with him! See you there................Bob C
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

Randy Mattson

Post by Randy Mattson »

We have a pretty good group coming from the Twin Cities area. 8 couples, I think.
I plan on driving the '05. We should be arriving on Wednesday.
I hope on Wednesday as that's when the reservation starts.
See you there!
Randy Mattson
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Sounds good Randy, I'm thinking I'm the only one coming from our chapter, no news there ::?

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Just finallized organizing and booking my flights, so you can put me down as an official attendee. Looking like its going to be a big fling in the great Canadian Shield eh! If I read it right, there will be redstangbob, john6t6, 60fore, Randy Mattson, tbird, and probly more. Let the party begin :multi:
1964 Red Convertible

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

I got an unexpected call last night, from Canada :?: It was Dave O'Byrne (I think) confirming my registration. Never got that kind of personal touch, good idea if you can manage to do it. He let me know I'd have a little extra money to spend, due to the exchange rate. I suggested I'd spend it in the hotel lounge with some Canadian gentlemen, some I know, and some I'm looking forward to meet (you know who you are) :lol: :lol:

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

After having several discussions with Ken Carr, in prearrangements, Ken told me that it is planned to contact every registered guest and verbally confirm all aplications. I also was told, by Ken, of a neighbour of mine who has a SP Landau, which I never knew, he or the car existed, is hoping to attend WITH his car. If he is able to work out the details the car is going to be at the event. Looks like I got a small project to help with, in helping to get it ready. To think its stored virtually in my back yard, at an old time friend s of Ken"s. I could hit a golf ball and ding the car, and I never knew about it. Small world but bigger than we know.
1964 Red Convertible

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Let me know if there's anything I can help with Wally ;-)

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

60fore

Post by 60fore »

RAVEN wrote:I could hit a golf ball and ding the car
Keep it in the fairway Wally; hit one out of bounds in Kelowna and you could wind up in a vineyard, then we'd never get you back! :drinking:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Hey Bob, just might ask, you never know what might come up. Car is in deep sleep right now with minus 30 degree cold, no different than you probly have now too!!!!
In respect of keeping my balls in the fairway and not winding up in the DRINK, what do people know?
1964 Red Convertible

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

I posted back in Feb about a 65 Sp Landau, around the corner from house (Ontario) being shipped to the International. It was loaded on the truck and is on its way. The owner is very excited and cannot wait to meet the crowd. He did all the touch up work himself and it is a very nice car. Hope everyone is as excited as he is and will be seeing all in about 2 weeks.
1964 Red Convertible

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

I was just reviewing the list of cars to be judged, and I'm sure the Sp Landau is on it. There are 22 4th gen cars for judging, 8 in primary. Looks like it's going to be a long day :roll: See you guys there :drinking:

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

60fore

Post by 60fore »

OK Buddy. Oh and don't forget, you have a story to share....

;-)
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

More fun news :x United has changed my flight times, it's now a 10 hour trip not including airline check-in. Arrive in Kelowna at 1:30 PM, just in time for lunch. How's things looking Wally? the weather should be great!

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop