How To Post Pictures like a Pro!

Contains help topics such as posting photos to the forum
novanutcase

How To Post Pictures like a Pro!

Post by novanutcase » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:44 pm

VTCI Members,

I did this for a mustang board I belong to and have gotten favorable comments on it. I've read a few posts asking about how to post pictures so I thought I would post this up to make it easier for those that aren't practiced pic/post whores like me! :lol:

For all you new members that are not quite so "pro" on these boards yet here's how to post pics:

1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com

2. Open an account(It's free!) by registering

3. Once you've registered and have your Username and Password, log on to your account.

4. Once you've logged on you can begin to upload whatever photos you have on your computer to your account. Left click on the button that's circled in red.

5. When you've clicked on the "Upload Images & Videos" button a new window will open for you to choose what pictures you want to upload onto Photobucket. You can change where you want to look for whatever picture you want to upload by clicking on the "Look in" box towards the top of the new window. A menu will drop down and you can find where you put your pics. Once you've found the picture you want to upload click on it. The title of the picture should show up in the "File Name" box. Once you're satisfied that this is the picture you want to upload click on the "Open" button right next to the "File Name" box on the right.

6. You'll see a progress bar as your picture uploads where the "Upload Images & Videos" button was. Once it's finished uploading it'll take you to a page that will ask you if you want to add a title. You can add one or just go back to the main pic page without adding one.

Now that you've uploaded your picture to Photobucket you can now copy the IMG tag and paste it in the text box where you will be posting.

Go to the picture that you want to use and put the mouse pointer on it but don't click on it. A menu will drop down. Go to the box that's titled "IMG code" and right click on it. Another menu will drop down and give you the choice to "copy". Left click on it. You have now copied the IMG code you need to post in the text box you use to post on the site.

7. Go to the text box and paste the IMG code in by left clicking where you want to place it in the box and hitting the "CTRL" and "V" buttons simultaneously. This should paste the IMG text you need. It should look something like this:

8. Left click on the "Preview Post" button underneath the text box next to the "Submit New Thread" button to see if it worked without actually posting it to the forum. This button is very useful in making sure that your post is clean and that there are no errors in your post before you submit it to the forum.

If you have any questions or are unsure about one of the steps PM either me or one of the mods and they can help you. Also, if something is unclear in the instructions that I've written or I've left something out let me know and I'll edit it in(or out!)

John

VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:25 pm

very nice
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!

ABQTBird

Using your personal website to host photos

Post by ABQTBird » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:05 am

I have noticed when doing searches that many topics have had their photos deleted, mainly from Flickr. I suppose those could be users that have left the forum and closed their accounts. Here in Albuquerque we have Comcast and Centurylink as our two main Internet providers. These providers offer personal web spaces where you can upload your photos and not have to worry about them being deleted. You are also not bombarded with ads as with Photobucket.

If anyone is interested, and not afraid of terms like FTP and Filezilla and are willing to learn something new, I would be glad to write a tutorial on how to upload photos to your personal web space and link them to this forum. Let me know if your are interested.
Tom in Albuquerque
61-63 Forum Moderator
1962 Corinthian White Hardtop, Medium Chestnut Metallic #89 Leather, A/C, P/W
2003 Premium Torch Red/Performance White HT, Partial Accent Interior, 1 of 47.
Past T-Bird: 1960 Convertible, 1974-1978

novanutcase

Re: Using your personal website to host photos

Post by novanutcase » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

I have noticed when doing searches that many topics have had their photos deleted, mainly from Flickr. I suppose those could be users that have left the forum and closed their accounts. Here in Albuquerque we have Comcast and Centurylink as our two main Internet providers. These providers offer personal web spaces where you can upload your photos and not have to worry about them being deleted. You are also not bombarded with ads as with Photobucket.

If anyone is interested, and not afraid of terms like FTP and Filezilla and are willing to learn something new, I would be glad to write a tutorial on how to upload photos to your personal web space and link them to this forum. Let me know if your are interested.
I think it would be great to have this option.

John
Professional Pic Whore

Knight1988

Re: How To Post Pictures like a Pro!

Post by Knight1988 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:06 am

Noted. Thanks for the detailed instruction!

kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 pm

I have to first admit that I have not checked in with the forum much lately.Can someone tell me why the pictures that I have had posted on this forum that have been on my photobucket account for years disappeared from my posts here? All I see is the 3rd party hosting speedometer image.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019

Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Photobucket started charging people to host/post from their server and cut links to other's websites on their end unless you paid their ransom. Search the Forum for posts related to this. It's part of the reason why VTCI upgraded their server capacity to allow members to upload and post photos.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster

kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Well after an hour or so of "searching" the forum for related topics all I found was old posts, nothing about the forum hosting of pictures. I am very willing to admit that I am not a genius when it comes to this, instead I am very slow. I can copy a pic and paste pics on a PC fairly easily. I'm looking to post pictures from my Android phone to a post and can't do it nor find the instructions. I think it would help a lot if the moderators could go through and delete posts of how to do pictures the old way.if I want my old pictures to appear in my posts there something I can do or is there something else that Brian is working on.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:57 am

Brian has been working in the background preserving the old pics that were on photobuckets server, that's the only reason we have what we have saved. I've suggested removing the old photo bucket instructions (I deleted my own tutorial) as not to confuse. I agree a brief tutorial on the new system should be done, I've just been lazy lately. If you open a reply window and scroll down a bit you see the save-preview-submit buttons. Just below them are 2 tabs, options and attachments. click attachments and follow along, you should get it. We'll get a tutorial up soon Kevin, take care Bob
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop