Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Contains help topics such as posting photos to the forum
Alan H. Tast

Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Post by Alan H. Tast »

One of the new features I want to use is the "Save Draft" so that I can go away for a while and dig into the research library for more info. However, when I hit the "Save Draft" button I don't know where the draft went to so that I can retrieve it. For all I know the function isn't fully operational yet. What am I missing here?
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Joe Johnston

Re: Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Post by Joe Johnston »

It worked for me as a quick test message containing just a few words.

To retrieve I went to "Compose Message" tab
When that page opened there should be a "Load Draft" button to click and my test message opened.

Hope it works for you.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

Also found you can save multiple drafts for Replies and also PM's. There is a tab "Manage PM Drafts" that when clicked shows all your drafts for both Replies and PM's. This can be a very handy feature which coupled with opening the Forum on multiple tabs in your browser will allow easy back and forth reference between posts and checking on information.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

On my first attempt to Save Draft, followed in the Compose Message and hitting the "Load Draft" got me nothing. So I'm not sure what I did wrong. The second time I tried, as a test for this message, it the silly thing worked. Perhaps everything wasn't set up yet for it? Regardless, this should be a nice feature to have, especially when I need to back away and not post some snide or stupid comment :shock: .
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
tbird

Post by tbird »

I had a issue yesterday where I got notice of new postings on a thread I was following, when I click the link it firstly asks me to sigh-in when I am always signed in then after a long answer I left the computer for lunch came back added a couple of more things then tried to post the messages my message disappeared and box came up informing me that I was not signed in logged on again and no message remained to post.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars