Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Contains help topics such as posting photos to the forum
Alan H. Tast

Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Post by Alan H. Tast » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:41 pm

One of the new features I want to use is the "Save Draft" so that I can go away for a while and dig into the research library for more info. However, when I hit the "Save Draft" button I don't know where the draft went to so that I can retrieve it. For all I know the function isn't fully operational yet. What am I missing here?
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster

Joe Johnston

Re: Save Draft - Where Does It Go?

Post by Joe Johnston » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:29 pm

It worked for me as a quick test message containing just a few words.

To retrieve I went to "Compose Message" tab
When that page opened there should be a "Load Draft" button to click and my test message opened.

Hope it works for you.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. J F K

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink

Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Also found you can save multiple drafts for Replies and also PM's. There is a tab "Manage PM Drafts" that when clicked shows all your drafts for both Replies and PM's. This can be a very handy feature which coupled with opening the Forum on multiple tabs in your browser will allow easy back and forth reference between posts and checking on information.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. J F K

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink

Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:25 pm

On my first attempt to Save Draft, followed in the Compose Message and hitting the "Load Draft" got me nothing. So I'm not sure what I did wrong. The second time I tried, as a test for this message, it the silly thing worked. Perhaps everything wasn't set up yet for it? Regardless, this should be a nice feature to have, especially when I need to back away and not post some snide or stupid comment :shock: .
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster

tbird

Post by tbird » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 am

I had a issue yesterday where I got notice of new postings on a thread I was following, when I click the link it firstly asks me to sigh-in when I am always signed in then after a long answer I left the computer for lunch came back added a couple of more things then tried to post the messages my message disappeared and box came up informing me that I was not signed in logged on again and no message remained to post.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars