Photo Posting Tutorial

Contains help topics such as posting photos to the forum
novanutcase

Photo Posting Tutorial

Post by novanutcase » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 pm

For all you new members that are not quite so "pro" on these boards yet here's how to post pics:

1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com

2. Open an account(It's free!) by registering

3. Once you've registered and have your Username and Password, log on to your account.

4. Once you've logged on you can begin to upload whatever photos you have on your computer to your account. Left click on the button that's circled in red.

5. When you've clicked on the "Upload Images & Videos" button a new window will open for you to choose what pictures you want to upload onto Photobucket. You can change where you want to look for whatever picture you want to upload by clicking on the "Look in" box towards the top of the new window. A menu will drop down and you can find where you put your pics. Once you've found the picture you want to upload click on it. The title of the picture should show up in the "File Name" box. Once you're satisfied that this is the picture you want to upload click on the "Open" button right next to the "File Name" box on the right.

6. You'll see a progress bar as your picture uploads where the "Upload Images & Videos" button was. Once it's finished uploading it'll take you to a page that will ask you if you want to add a title. You can add one or just go back to the main pic page without adding one.

Now that you've uploaded your picture to Photobucket you can now copy the IMG tag and paste it in the text box where you will be posting.

Go to the picture that you want to use and put your mouse pointer on it. A menu will drop down. Go to the box that's titled "IMG code" and right click on it. Another menu will drop down and give you the choice to "copy". Left click on it. You have now copied the IMG code you need to post in the text box you use to post on the site.

7. Go to the text box and paste the IMG code in by left clicking where you want to place it in the box and holding down the "CTRL" button and then hitting the "V" button. This should paste the IMG text you need. It should look something like this:

8. Left click on the "Preview Post" button underneath the text box next to the "Submit Reply" button to see if it worked without actually posting it to the forum. This button is very useful in making sure that your post is clean and that there are no errors in your post before you submit it to the forum.

9. Once you've proofread your post and are satisfied that everything is where it should be hit the "Submit Reply" button and your post will show up a few seconds after.

If you have any questions or are unsure about one of the steps PM either me or one of the mods and they can help you. Also, if something is unclear in the instructions that I've written or I've left something out let me know and I'll edit it in(or out!)

John

Werner727

Post by Werner727 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 am

Thanks novanutcase for the picture tutorial--I hope this works

Tony LoGuercio

Post by Tony LoGuercio » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 am

Hey Novanutcase,
thanks for the tutorial on downloading pictures. Hopefully it will work for me on this site.
Thanks again
Tony

paulr

Post by paulr » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 am

If you have any questions or are unsure
Couple of points from a real computer dummy here:

1. when the tutorial is talking "left click/right click" that's not relevant to Mac users, like myself. But the photobucket site still works with Mac. You just need to perform a bit of Mac translation.

2. Having just gotten the photobucket today, it seems as though today's version is significantly revised from the version show in this tutorial. Today's version does not appear to offer the IMG code, or at least I could not figure it out. But, when I searched around the site I found an option to convert to the "old" photobucket version. When I opted to make the conversion to the old, the IMG code option appeared and it was just like Novanutcase' tutorial. And it worked.

3. Next, I need some advice from you folks, as I can't figure this one out: How can I make my pictures smaller for the forum's sake? They are quite huge.

4. Finally, thanks Novanutcase. This forum is full of great people.
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson

novanutcase

Post by novanutcase » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 am

If you have any questions or are unsure
Couple of points from a real computer dummy here:

1. when the tutorial is talking "left click/right click" that's not relevant to Mac users, like myself. But the photobucket site still works with Mac. You just need to perform a bit of Mac translation.

2. Having just gotten the photobucket today, it seems as though today's version is significantly revised from the version show in this tutorial. Today's version does not appear to offer the IMG code, or at least I could not figure it out. But, when I searched around the site I found an option to convert to the "old" photobucket version. When I opted to make the conversion to the old, the IMG code option appeared and it was just like Novanutcase' tutorial. And it worked.

3. Next, I need some advice from you folks, as I can't figure this one out: How can I make my pictures smaller for the forum's sake? They are quite huge.

4. Finally, thanks Novanutcase. This forum is full of great people.
Hi Paul,

1) You are right. PB has changed their format a bit and the left click/right click doesn't work so good for MAC. Sorry! I don't have a MAC so I can't really elaborate a step by step. I guess you'll have to decipher it for your uses!

2) With the new format you have to actually click on the picture you want to use. Once the picture comes up you'll see the IMG choice on the right, lower side of your screen.

3) For Editing, mouse over the image in your main library and you'll see a small gear like shape appear in the upper right corner of the image. When you mouse over the gear like shape a menu will drop down with a plethora of choices. One of those choices should be "Edit Media". Clicking on this will bring up your image and startup the image editor.

For your issue, click on the "adjustments" tile and a whole slew of tiles will come up. Click on "Resize" and you should be able to adjust the size of your image to fit whatever your end use will be.

Happy Pic Whoring!!!

John
CEO/Resident Hack of FACEPALM INT.

Professional Pic Whore

paulr

Post by paulr » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 pm

John, thanks so much. The Mac properties are no thing; we Mac users are kind of red-headed step-children--we get it one way or another. Your extra detailed help is just what I needed to read. I shall hopefully one day be half the "pic whore" you are--you must be proud indeed.

Man, that black bullet picture of yours is altogether glamorous and fear-inducing!

Paul
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:14 pm

deleted
Last edited by redstangbob on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

novanutcase

Post by novanutcase » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for the update Bob!! :mrgreen:

John
CEO/Resident Hack of FACEPALM INT.

Professional Pic Whore

kevindeluca66

Re: Photo Posting Tutorial

Post by kevindeluca66 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Can someone try to post a tutorial for computer idiots because the photobucket site has changed. Is there any way to make it simpler? I just spent an hour tring to move a picture from my phone to this site. I got it but the whole photobucket backround came with it. I honestly dont know if or how long it would take for me to do again.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019

55Greg&Amy

Post by 55Greg&Amy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:47 am

When I use Photobucket I have to click on my picture so that the larger image comes up. After that, I find the link code to the right of the picture and copy the IMG link. I then go back to the VTCI site and click the Img tab and then paste my link. Then the important part for me happens. I have to go to the end of all the typing after the last /img and press my space bar one time or my picture doesn't link. I hope this helps you.

[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af32 ... rcork2.jpg[/img][/img]
Greg Minnich
Fort Wayne, In

redstangbob

Post by redstangbob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 pm

I've never used the image tab on the forum. When you clicked the image bar on photobucket, you've copied the link to your clipboard. I make sure to hit 'enter' in my VTCI post so the picture doesn't end up way out in right field, then right click and paste the picture in my post. Always preview your post before you submit, it's easier to fix it early. JMO Bob C
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

Moderator 64-66 Forum
65 hardtop

GregL

Post by GregL » Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 am

Hey Guys, photobucket is an antiquated nightmare on my hand held. No offence intended but I'm just curious why you can't just grab a photo right from your gallery and load it here like most automotive sites do now? It's fast, simple, no tutorial needed and a monkey could do it!

sseebart

Post by sseebart » Tue May 23, 2017 12:14 am

GregL wrote:Hey Guys, photobucket is an antiquated nightmare on my hand held. No offence intended but I'm just curious why you can't just grab a photo right from your gallery and load it here like most automotive sites do now? It's fast, simple, no tutorial needed and a monkey could do it!
Amen!