Interior Hardtop Color

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

Haz567

Interior Hardtop Color

Post by Haz567 »

If the hardtop is body color, is the visible interior portion of the hardtop body color or Colonial White for a 56?
ICON 1956

Re: Interior Hardtop Color

Post by ICON 1956 »

Originally they came an "off white" called Colonial White. and the tops where made out of fiberglass... with the port holes in 56 and 57. Sorry I miss understood your question here is a picture of my interior color on my 56 Image
Last edited by ICON 1956 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
55Greg&Amy

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

The visible interior of your hard top was the same color as the exterior color of the hard top.
Greg Minnich
Kendallville, IN
Haz567

Post by Haz567 »

Thanks Greg:

That's what I was afraid of; already a "whole lot of red" and now going to be more!

The top as I have it today is Colonial White on the inside and Fiesta Red on the outside and I kinda like it. Although I haven't striped the headliner yet I'm pretty sure the top was born Colonial White. Otherwise, with the exception of all weatherstrips, the top is in good shape with almost all hardware being in good shape, no wallowed screw holes, fits well, and only the common cracks at the left and right back window bottoms.

Probably needed a re-paint anyway as around portholes and edges they hadn't done a very good job and the paint match between top and body wasn't exactly right. Thanks again.