Looking for a ride in a '55-'57

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

atnorman

Looking for a ride in a '55-'57

Post by atnorman »

Greetings. I'm not exactly sure where to post something like this.

My mother is turning 75 at the end of the month and the family is celebrating the milestone year. In answering the "what do you get the woman who needs nothing that is also meaningful" question, my mind has turned to "bucket list" types of options.

Ever since I was a young boy, my mom has expressed that the only car she has ever really lusted after is a first generation Tbird ('55-'57). No, I'm not looking to buy her one. But I was hoping to arrange a brief ride for her, 15-20 minutes. It would make her year. Of course, I would compensate any willing driver/owner.

The location is northern Utah, Cache Valley, about 90 minutes north of Salt Lake City. The dates are May 29, 30, or 31. '55-'57 would work, although she was always partial to the subtle differences in the '55. I've combed all the club sites and haven't found any current information on a Utah Thunderbird Club. Can't imagine there aren't some first gen Birds there. If anyone knows of a club that covers that area, I'd appreciate any information.

I'm a car guy and club member myself, just a different brand and vintage. But I've been to enough events to know these communities are about the joy of owning, driving, and sharing these wonderful pieces of history. I've given many person a ride in my old car and the looks of glee, dare I say JOY, are priceless. Thanks for humoring me. I hope to hear from some of you and make a new friend or two.

Andy
1957Birdman

Re: Looking for a ride in a '55-'57

Post by 1957Birdman »

You may have already checked this out, but just in case: https://www.ctci.org/chapters.php
It is a list of all the CTCI chapters in the world. Unfortunately it does not look like there is a Utah chapter. I would contact the closest one outside the state to your mother and see if someone is willing to do it.
Good luck in your search,
Lew Bachman
1957 Colonial White
atnorman

Re: Looking for a ride in a '55-'57

Post by atnorman »

Thanks Lee. I did check that site. I also checked a couple of others. The only club for Utah I could find was on http://www.tbird.org/clubs.htm#utah. But that contact information is outdated. I have made contact with a club in Idaho. Still working that connection, but as of yet, haven't been put in contact with any owners. So, thought I'd try this route. Thanks for the info.