57 e code

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

ranchbird

57 e code

Post by ranchbird »

I was looking through the local craigslist (Portland, Oregon) and came across a 57 t-bird E code, it says its a good driver restored 30 years ago all the options showing a little wear. One picture of it sitting outside no pictures of the motor, he's asking $14000. So I emailed him through craigslist and asked him if the price was a misprint his response give me your email and we can talk about it ?
Oldmics

Re: 57 e code

Post by Oldmics »

"E" Codes are just another T Bird and come in all sorts of conditions and prices.

Last "E" code I acquired was only 3K - Course a complete resto was needed.

You sound pretty knowledgeable on "E" Code Birds and prices,if your in the market I would go and check it out and see what condition its really in.

Please let us know and Good Luck.

Oldmics
CSavaglio

Post by CSavaglio »

It's a scam. Single image on the ad. I did a reverse image search and found the Hemmings listing of the car for $46,900 and Ohio. Same picture and a bunch more. Even copy/pasted the description.

Pretty common CL scam....single picture and way too good to be true price. I have a 40's Buick and there's a yellow with red interior '48 convertible for sale on a bunch of craigslists for about 1/5 of it's value. Same single picture swiped from Hemmings, many locations. When I was into Corvettes, I'd see the same thing with rare '60s Vettes.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 03879.html

Here's the CL ad he was referring to...
https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/1957 ... 77883.html

I'm sure the seller will be happy to arrange shipment of the car for you if you just deposit the money in his account. Could be legit if the seller moved cross country, didn't update his still active Hemmings ad and reduced the price by 1/4.

Chris
ranchbird

Post by ranchbird »

I figured it was a scam.