Where to Buy Dash Paint?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

Florida_Phil

Where to Buy Dash Paint?

Post by Florida_Phil »

My 55 T Bird is Raven Black with White and Red Interior. My dash vinyl is red and the lower dash is red. This summer I will be pulling out the dash to install new vinyl and repaint the dash. Does anyone know where I can buy the correct red color dash paint in rattle cans? I see vendors have it in a can. I don't have a spray gun. Thank you!
wex65

Re: Where to Buy Dash Paint?

Post by wex65 »

Yes, I bought it in the can and then grabbed a Preval sprayer from Home Depot, link below:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Preval-9-oz ... /202533738

It worked great. That paint gives the correct 'dimpled' finish.
Florida_Phil

Post by Florida_Phil »

Interesting solution. Thanks!
CSavaglio

Post by CSavaglio »

There's a spray paint you can get from Hobby Lobby or maybe a hardware store that's meant to give a stone texture. If you knock the high spots down with a little sand paper, it matches the factory texture well for the lower dash, ashtray, gauge surround and tach/clock bezels. Then just paint the color over.
Bmsiii-3

Post by Bmsiii-3 »

Casco Thunderbird Parts has the spray paint that leaves the textured finish required on the dash. I used it on my 1957 and it turned out great. It is black. If you need another color, spray the black for the texture and another coat for the final color.