Dasboard removal

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

57Thunderbird

Dasboard removal

Post by 57Thunderbird »

A friend has just started a complete restoration of his 1957 Thunderbird. Any tips in removing the whole dashboard? Does the dash come out as a whole assembly or in separate parts? Thanks.
JerryDL

Re: Dasboard removal

Post by JerryDL »

The dash is one unit and easily removed for restoration. I suggest taking lots of photos because restorations can take a long time and we sleep between the disassembly and reassembly. Digital cameras make things so easy to refer to, especially when doing an accurate restoration. I have many reference photos, if only I knew how to insert them here. :)
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

And use plastic baggies for all the smaller stuff and be sure he marks the baggies as to what's in there. If you or he wants a listing of items to do for removal, pm or email me for it. If a PM, be sure to include a email address.
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
JerryDL

Post by JerryDL »

Dash (60).JPG
JerryDL

Post by JerryDL »

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back with info on the T-Bird dash removal and restoration. I have some good problem solving tips and 57 years of experience to share on classic car restoration. However, I am new at this forum environment so I had to read the instructions on how to post photos! I welcome any questions related to the 55-57 T-Birds. In fact, if your question is urgent just email me at: noworrys1@gmail.com.
Dash (61).JPG
Attachments
Dash (82).JPG
Dash (10).JPG