Chrome Plating

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

ranchbird

Chrome Plating

Post by ranchbird »

I am also thinking about having my bumpers re-chromed on my 56, I have a 55 bumper on the rear so two pretty small bumpers compared to other cars out there. Unlike the recent discussion I'm out west in Oregon and all the plating shops with in driving distance have closed down due to regulations. I'm really Leary of shipping my bumpers to some one and not getting the same ones back, but that's probably what I will have to do. I did call Ogden Plating in Utah and they want $950 ea. I've dealt with Bumper Boyz in So Cal with my 57 Ranchero not good. Anybody have a positive experience with a shop out this way.
Ferrbird

Re: Chrome Plating

Post by Ferrbird »

Send me a pm with your phone number and will call you with a good source.
I'm up here in BC Canada, brought mine down to Seattle last March and exchanged for a set shipped from California where they were plated.
Excellent work, good price and service. Well known outfit who does car show quality bumpers etc.
Mel56

Re: Chrome Plating

Post by Mel56 »

If you're willing to send your stuff out, I would suggest Advanced Plating in Nashville, Tenn. I've toured their facility and their quality control is top notch.
http://www.advancedplating.com/site/