uncomfortable front seats

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Micky D

uncomfortable front seats

Post by Micky D »

I have a 64 bird and do not like the uncomfortable front seats. Has any one replaced their seats with something else and if so, with what?
54 Ford Crestline
64 T-Bird
KKC

Post by KKC »

I've seen a '72 Big Bird with seats out of a 7 Series BMW and they really looked great. He had the BMW seats recovered to match the original T-Bird seats. He also made all power options of the BMW seats work, including the seat warmers.

I would imagine any seat out of a quality car would look and feel great in your '64. Plus, it gives you the option of installing shoulder harness for added safety without much modification.

I thought that if I was to want to update the seats in my '66, that would be the route I'd take.

Just my .02 cents.
Kenny

1966 Tudor Hardtop Wimbledon White (Paint Code "MA", so when I repaint her, I'll do the roof Raven Black)

"Up From The Ashes Of Disaster, Grow The Roses Of Success"
Micky D

front seats

Post by Micky D »

Thanks for the advice. Well against my better judgement I went to Pick a Part and found a great set of electric leather seats from a 1987 Cadillc Seville {$60 for the set). I need to make brackets to mount the seats as I don't want to put any other holes in the floorboard other than the orginal ones. The seats are a perfect fit as far as width and height.
Last edited by Micky D on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
54 Ford Crestline
64 T-Bird
edpol

Post by edpol »

Take your time surveying the situation. I found that many times, all that's needed is to drill new holes in the replacement seats so you could bolt them to the original bases.
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

...and please toss up some pics when you get the job done! :cool:
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
Micky D

front seats

Post by Micky D »

I am retaining my original 64 seats in case I want to put them back in. I made new mounting brackets to attach to the electric seats from the cadillac seville. I finished the passenger side today and I will do the drivers side tomorrow. I am happy so far. Now to hook up the wiring. I hooked up a temporary bench test wire and the passenger seat worked great.
54 Ford Crestline
64 T-Bird