ENGINE REBUILD!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

gonzmexican

ENGINE REBUILD!

Post by gonzmexican »

The weekend is finally here when my dad and I will rebuild our 390. We got back all of our parts from the engine shop. We had the intake and block hot tanked and painted..heads reconditioned..rocker arms rebuilt..and we have a whole lot of new parts from summit racing :) Took a while because we found out that it was bored 40 over and milled 20 on the crank..so we had to reorder the rod and main bearings and a new piston ring kit. I will take plenty of picts before and after rebuild as well as picts of the bird put back together(thats been done for a while). Hopefully she'll be running by the middle of next week.

After that it is onto exhaust and brakes..followed by lowering and wheels :)
Pete1325

Post by Pete1325 »

Good luck with the build. What year is yours? What wheel/tire combo you thinking about?
1964 Black/Black/Black Landau
gonzmexican

Post by gonzmexican »

Thanks, its a 1966 Landau. The engine work is going smoothly. Just put the heads, lifters, intake, rockerarms, and pushrods back on. Lookin to have the engine dropped back in by next week.

We are looking at doing either a 20 inch staggered or 18 inch staggered look and possibly going with MB Motoring Old School rims. Followed by some lowering and glasspack exhaust. Still trying to figure out what exhaust will sound best. I like it a little on the loud side.