Headlight Ring

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Pueblo

Headlight Ring

Post by Pueblo »

Hello All,

I am somewhat new here in that I have watched this forum for about 8 years now but never registered until today. So here is my issue and question...

I have a 1965 thunderbird and one of my headlight rings have broken. I have search for a replacement but places like Ebay want way too much. After a google search I was brought to this website: http://www.resotartionpartssource.com

So...are the any other Ford models, mustang, F100, Galaxie, that used the same size headlight ring as the 1965 thunderbird?

I hope this is an easy question but the website simply does provide any information on ring diameter

Thanks All,
stubbie

Re: Headlight Ring

Post by stubbie »

Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Pueblo wrote:Hello All,

I am somewhat new here in that I have watched this forum for about 8 years now but never registered until today. So here is my issue and question...

I have a 1965 thunderbird and one of my headlight rings have broken. I have search for a replacement but places like Ebay want way too much. After a google search I was brought to this website: http://www.resotartionpartssource.com

So...are the any other Ford models, mustang, F100, Galaxie, that used the same size headlight ring as the 1965 thunderbird?

I hope this is an easy question but the website simply does provide any information on ring diameter

Thanks All,
Please define "ring" - are you talking about the stamped stainless steel retainers with three retaining tabs that hold the headlight bulbs in, or the decorative chromed pot-metal bezel casting? If the former, any Ford product from the period with the quad headlight setup, i.e. full- and mid-size Ford/Mercury, Lincoln; if the latter, '64-'65 T-bird only.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Pueblo

Post by Pueblo »

Thank you for the response.

Forgive me, yes I was speaking of the steel retainer that holds the bulbs in place.

Thank you again!
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

I suspect you could call someplace like "The Bird Nest" in Portland Or. and they will have hundreds of them in stock!
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.