HOLLY SNIPER EFI

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

mmbuffny

HOLLY SNIPER EFI

Post by mmbuffny »

I called Holly today and was told that I could use the new Holly Sniper EFI on my 1956 Ford Thunderbird. I mentioned that the 1956 had the old style Holly carb and stock 1956 intake and he said that it would work. My other research said that 1957 is the only baby bird set up that i could use efi on. Does anyone know anything about this?
Joe Johnston

Re: HOLLY SNIPER EFI

Post by Joe Johnston »

I've never been down the path of fuel injection on a Y-block, but with the differences in the carb mounting bolt patterns between the 55/56 & 57 intake bolt patterns, I would do a bit more research and not expect the same parts to fit each intake. Adapters are available, and as a street rod builder friend of mine says, "anything can be made to fit anything"! Ask if you need to switch to the later 57 and later "B" intake or how it is made to fit the 56 & earlier square bolt pattern. Going to EFI won't be easy or cheap, but should be "do-able"!
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
mmbuffny

Post by mmbuffny »

Just found out that Casco sells one for 80.00.
mmbuffny

Post by mmbuffny »

I should have said Casco sells an adapter plate for 1956 to later carb set ups.